Pro - Handyman/Handywoman
San Mateo, CA /
Field Operations /
Time to Belong
We are an experienced team backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), GGV Capital, Laurence Tosi, and other world-class investors. We are hard at work designing the future at the intersection of consumer real estate and hospitality.
To foster human connection by deepening our collective sense of belonging. One unique home, one special neighborhood, one new city at a time.
We are pioneers of the new mindset of the redefined American Dream by changing the experience of owning and renting homes. We manage properties for our homeowners and treat the residents who live there with the attention, speed and care they deserve. Our residents, who before felt like second class citizens, are connected not only to each other, but also to the local merchants, events, and institutions that give communities their unique character.
As a Pro on our you will ensure that our properties are in excellent condition, both inside and out. You will help define the role, expanding your responsibilities as you grow.
- Provide excellent customer-facing service to our homeowners and tenants.
- Perform routine maintenance in individual units, common areas and amenity areas of the properties, including preventative maintenance, upkeep, and repairs.
- Assist and coordinate with specialists (HVAC, plumbing, electricity, etc.) in diagnosing and repairing problem.
- Complete service requests in a timely manner and as efficiently as directed.
- Perform inspections of properties and individual units, identifying issues and recommending actions.
- Prepare vacant units for new move-ins.
- Post legal notices to doors and handle basic customer service for residents at properties
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash as needed.
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested.
- Building or single-family home maintenance experience strongly desired.
- High School diploma, or GED equivalency. College or trade school preferred.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., HVAC, CPO) are a plus.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Strong communication including written follow-up and verbal ability to explain solutions to resident issues.
- Ability to multitask including prioritizing work orders.
- Robust computer skills - ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications.
- Own tools such as a hammer, screwdrivers, channel locks, multimeter, hex keys, pliers, flashlight.
- Flexibility to respond to after-hours emergency calls as part of an on-call rotation.
The time is now. Join us!