Salt Lake City, UT /
Homeowner Growth /
Time to Belong
We are an experienced team backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), GGV Capital, Laurence Tosi, and other world-class investors. We are hard at work designing the future at the intersection of consumer real estate and hospitality.
To foster human connection by deepening our collective sense of belonging. One unique home, one special neighborhood, one new city at a time.
We are pioneers of the new mindset of the redefined American Dream by changing the experience of owning and renting homes. We manage properties for our homeowners and treat the residents who live there with the attention, speed and care they deserve. Our residents, who before felt like second class citizens, are connected not only to each other, but also to the local merchants, events, and institutions that give communities their unique character.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and passionate individual for the full-time position of Homeowner Growth Manager. Based in our Salt Lake City office, you will be responsible for on-boarding new homeowners across our service areas: all the way from initial contact, through explaining our services and value proposition, to successful listing of their homes. This position is ideal for someone who is looking to continue progressing in sales and business development functions.
Your primary role is to help us grow the number of homeowners that join Belong. Through on-boarding, we offer unparalleled service to our current and prospective homeowners, ensuring every interaction is positive, and they are delighted by our service. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role, as you will be welcoming the next batch of homeowners to experience Belong!
The position involves a 4-6 month fully paid training period in our San Mateo, CA headquarters. We will provide company housing and monthly flights home during the training period.
- You believe human connection should be a priority in life.
- You have unstoppable curiosity.
- You have a level of energy that’s above the mean of your peers.
- You love taking on hard problems.
- You are biased to action and continual improvement. You understand that, often, 70% confidence is enough to act. Then, you improve our systems, processes, and yourself.
- You are a clear communicator, with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- You are fearless. You’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You are trustworthy, independent, and willing to get your hands dirty.
- You are a creative problem solver. You can think outside the box, and solve complicated and multi-faceted issues.
What you will do:
- Lead the relationship with prospective homeowners from start to finish.
- Answer phone calls, emails, texts, chats, and more from prospective homeowners.
- Visit homeowners at their homes to get to know them and their houses.
- Assist with building and maintaining email content for our communication with prospective homeowners.
- Work closely with our member services team, to build and advance memorable experiences for our clients.
- Assist with improving our internal processes with a mindset of efficiency and growth.
- Prepare homeowners for next steps once they formally join Belong.
- Other duties as required, as we reimagine the homeowner experience and grow.
- Learn, work hard, and have fun.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Location, and Availability:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university; a major or minor in business is a plus.
- Experience in real estate is a big plus.
- Business Development or Sales is a plus.
- Excellent command of the English language - both written and oral.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Command of additional languages is helpful.
- Customer-service focused and detail oriented.
- Empathetic, kind, thoughtful, responsive, and timely.
- Be available on weekends and some holidays.
- Be able to temporarily relocate to our San Mateo, CA headquarters for the duration of the training period. We will supply housing and transportation.
- You are convinced an early stage, venture-backed startup with big dreams is right for you.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and help disrupt an industry.
The time is now. Join us!