Quantitative Trading Analyst
Trading – Quantitative Trading /
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded funds (ETF), and equity index options. From the beginning, we began iteratively investing in our proprietary technology and committing to building our systems from the ground up. Our trading models and software systems are continually re-engineered, optimized, and maintained to stay on top of the industry. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
High-performance proprietary trading and development is the source of our success and competitive advantage at Belvedere, further fueling our passion for performance. We are a team driven by intellectual curiosity, seeking answers that will change not only how we trade in this technological age, but also the future landscape of the trading industry.
We are currently seeking experienced Quantitative Trading Analysts (QTA) to join our dynamic team. We created this unique role to foster creativity and iterative innovation across our technology and trading teams. As a result, our QTA's are at the forefront of technology immersion as they learn best practices in software development. As part of this highly focused group, you will engage in economic analysis and employ large data sets to assess the trading markets. The ideal candidate must have strong analytical skills and effectively communicate with our engineers, quants, and analysts across the firm.
What you'll do
- Research – Participate and prioritize detailed analysis of active trading strategies as well as investigate new strategies or opportunities.
- Analyze – Use analytical methods to identify market inefficiencies, streamline trading systems, and improve risk management techniques. Apply a creative data-driven approach to trading.
- Development – Lead, participate, and own specific quantitative development projects that enhance trader-facing technologies.
- Collaborate – You will partner directly with our traders, quants, software engineers, and product teams to define priorities, deliver custom solutions, and improve current processes.
- Solve – You will creatively solve complex problems and challenges to open-ended problems using the latest data analysis tools.
- Learn – Engage in continuous, hands-on learning that includes education on option valuation, hedging, and portfolio analysis, both on a theoretical level and in application with Belvedere’s various strategies.
What you'll need
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience analyzing large statistical data sets and implementing profitable quantitative trading strategies in options market making.
- Passion for working with data to accurately model and analyze complex systems.
- An ability to apply quantitative skills and logical reasoning to solve complex problems quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Proven ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Trading and development are not isolated activities at Belvedere, so great candidates will have demonstrated success in working in team-based environments.
- Experience in computer programming with the following languages Python, C/C++, MATLAB, SQL is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to continuously learn and proactively improve processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitative disciplines.