Senior Full Stack Engineer
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Reagent Platform /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing Reagent Platform Team. You will work on BenchSci's main search product that helps scientists to find biological reagents for their experiments. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you'll mentor and teach more junior engineers, lead complex projects, and actively contribute to BenchSci's platform front-end and back-end initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with life scientists and UI designers to implement user facing features
- Design and architect testable, scalable solutions to complex problems, using the latest frameworks and tools
- Work on client facing projects involving some of the largest Pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Employ best practices in utilizing a broad platform of technologies within a cloud-based environment
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging data problems
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years working as a professional developer
- Experience with SQL, databases, APIs and full stack solutions
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- You have strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A team player who strives to see teammates succeed together
Bonus points for:
- Experience with authentication solutioning and SSO
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience with Elasticsearch
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.