Senior Site Reliability Engineer - SRE (Remote)
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Core Services /
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Core Services group, the System Reliability Engineering team! Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you'll apply your technical and domain expertise to solve complex technical and business challenges; participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project-related team meetings; and work with other engineers to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs concerning functionality, performance, observability, scalability, and reliability.
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
- Build and deploy observability platforms (Prometheus) to enable teams to self-serve their metrics gathering and dashboarding needs
- Help improve the monitoring and metrics pipelines that support our Kubernetes-based Python Django applications and APIs through SLIs and SLOs and drill down metrics
- Partner with other teams to iterate on and improve BenchSci’s Incident Response processes
- Help reduce toil and improve developer productivity by automating our team and business processes
- Lead software and system design initiatives by leveraging cloud-native design patterns and injecting your cloud expertise into the entire development lifecycle
- Partner with engineering and product stakeholders and other cross-functional teams to devise and refine requirements
- Work with your team, Staff Engineers, and Engineering Managers to help promote SRE best practices
- Increase the quality and standard of the documentation of our systems, and work with application development teams to maintain that standard.
- Communicate cross-cutting decisions to all potentially impacted teams
- 5+ years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer preferred;
- Experience working in DevOps with a focus on observability and reliability may also be considered
- Expert knowledge of incident response, observability and reliability tools and techniques (PagerDuty preferred) in a cloud-native environment (Google Cloud preferred, but AWS experience is also valuable)
- Experience with cloud design patterns (Google Cloud is considered an asset) and developing specialized application stacks on cloud services (Python backend, TypeScript frontend)
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.