Senior Talent Business Partner, Tech (Remote)
Toronto, Ontario /
People – Talent Business Partner /
BenchSci is growing its Talent Engagement team! Reporting to the Manager, Talent Business Partners, the SeniorTalent Business Partner, Tech will provide mentorship to a growing team of BPs and work hands-on with your own client group.
* BenchSci is a remote-first organization, we are welcoming applicants from Canada at this time.
- Support our tech business group (product, engineering, analytics)
- Partner with and coach leaders at all levels on talent reviews, performance consulting, and succession planning; create a talent pipeline for high-performance employees to grow
- Play a leadership role in recognizing barriers to success and driving proactive solutions that support building a high-performance environment
- Adapt and deploy remote-first people programs to the tech team
- Lead by example as an ambassador of our culture and help support a fantastic culture with values and a high-touch employee experience
- Partner with business leaders and other internal groups to manage changes affecting team members
- Promote training on our diversity and belonging initiatives
- Use the use of tools/knowledge / informational sources/data to identify business trends and ensure appropriate solutions are in place to support the business
- Recommend creative solutions to complex situations that you might not have encountered before - even if they go against the grain
- A people-first mentality
- 4+ years of experience in an HRBP/People Business Partner function (experience in the tech space, specifically in start-up/hyper-growth environments preferable); additional experience in other HR functions (e.g. HR Specialist, People & Culture Advisor) would be an asset
- Broad knowledge of employee relations (Canada essential, global preferred)Mentorship skills (a love for guiding, teaching, and empowering others)
- The ability to create relationships built on trust
- Experience working with executive-level team members
- Experience facilitating, coaching, and creating a space where discerning (and sometimes conflicting) opinions and priorities can come together holistically
- Anticipate issues before they arise, and suggest big-picture solutions
- Experience building & leading various talent management programs and career paths
- Comfort with public speaking, presenting, facilitating group discussions
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.