Scientific Support Specialist
Toronto, Ontario /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
BenchSci's vision is to bring medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We're doing this by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Scientific Support Specialist to join our Customer Success Team. You will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Success.
- Develop a deep understanding of our products and how we solve the challenges faced by our scientific customers
- Identify and resolve customer issues through in-app chat, email, and occasionally phone
- Produce customer support assets—including knowledge base articles and content to help with onboarding and issue resolution— and ensure existing assets are updated as our products evolve
- Conceive and implement opportunities to improve our support process, continuously seeking ways to better serve our customers and colleagues.
- Assist with quality assurance following platform updates, proactively identifying issues with data or functionality and working collaboratively with the platform team to resolve them
- Regularly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues on product development and customer success and engineering, providing insights to improve our product and ensure customers make the most of BenchSci
- Be the voice of the customer
- Act as a trusted resource for ad hoc projects for the Customer Success team
- PhD in Biology or a related field in Life Sciences
- Passion for helping scientists run more successful experiments from a wide range of backgrounds with diverse goals
- Proven experience solving problems of a scientific or technical nature
- Ability to explain complex workflows in clear and understandable language
- Friendly and professional demeanor that is engaging to our scientific users
- Comfortable speaking with people across the spectrum of scientific experience, from biology students to senior scientists
- A strong drive to solve problem and drive resolutions
- Technically savvy with curiosity about how underlying systems work and interact
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan (everyone gets the "executive treatment")
- Effectiveness coaching for managers including onsite, personalized coaching from a trained clinical psychologist
- Mental health support including mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week (we're closed Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Additional days off such as BenchSci summer day, your birthday, and more.
- Work from anywhere flexibility. Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym to keep fit with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package including health, dental and vision care.
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.