Toronto, Ontario /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
BenchSci's vision is to bring medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We're doing this by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Scientific Liaison to join our team of Scientific Liaisons on our growing Customer Success Team. You will report to the Scientific Liaison Manager.
- Become an expert on the BenchSci platform and use your knowledge and insight to deliverclear, concise, and informative seminars to industry scientists on how to use it in their research
- Present the product in various sales discussions, working closely with sales to deliver a high-impact demonstration
- Elevate successful acquisition and retention of customers within new and existing accounts by answering scientific and product questions and providing one-on-one demos
- Help improve product functionality by understanding customer challenges, observing customer behaviour, and suggesting optimizations and new ideas for inclusion in the product roadmap
- Help navigate and understand customers’ organizational structures and identifying power users and champions, and developing relationships with those users to foster organic user growth
- Represent the voice of the customer to other teams including marketing, sales, engineering, product and science
- Meet with customers to understand the impact BenchSci has had on their research and gather examples that can be shared with their organization
- Occasionally represent BenchSci at relevant conferences, tradeshows and networking events
- Read about new and relevant scientific and technology trends
- Learn about and brainstorm new ways we can communicate to and support users
- Build strong relationships cross-functionally with science, product, and sales
- A PhD in Biology or related field, with experience working with antibodies or other research reagents (RNAi, Recombinant Proteins, CRISPR, Cell lines)
- Strong technical acumen, and the ability to learn from and adapt to an ever-improving product
- Comfortable spending time with clients and presenting in front of audiences of varying sizes both in-person and remotely
- Strong people skills and a proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key users and stakeholders
- A resourceful and adaptive attitude, willing to roll with the punches and experiment with new ideas
- A valid passport and driver’s license, and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time including internationally (post COVID-19)
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan (everyone gets the "executive treatment")
- Effectiveness coaching for managers including onsite, personalized coaching from a trained clinical psychologist
- Mental health support including mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week (we're closed Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Additional days off such as BenchSci summer day, your birthday, and more.
- Work from anywhere flexibility. Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym to keep fit with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package including health, dental and vision care.
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.