Senior Software Engineer - Data Run
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Data /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Run Team. As part of the job, you will work on expanding our ability to analyze millions of scientific journals and other data sources to extract valuable scientific insights.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with life scientists and machine learning engineers on how to capture and model additional scientific experiments
- Expand the types of biological reagents and experiments that we search for in our mining
- Apply state-of-the-art data processing engines to rapidly process our data sets
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging data problems
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years working as a professional developer
- A strong grasp of distributed systems and data processing fundamentals
- A strong background in data structures and information retrieval algorithms
- Expertise in Python and programming fundamentals
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- Expertise in RDBMS and NoSQL
- You have strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A team player who strives to see teammates succeed together
Bonus points for:
- Background in Life Science
- Experience with Kubernetes in production
- Experience with data processing engines such as Spark or Beam
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.