Senior Project Manager
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Engineering /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Engineering Team. As part of this role, you will drive the end to end delivery of OKRs and projects. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering, you will work closely with the Product Manager and all engineering teams to make sure projects are successfully delivered to our customers. You’ll have multiple projects on the go at any given time, so you should be able to easily handle competing priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Drive and deliver engineering OKRs and cross-teams projects through collaboration with other leads
- Own and manage estimating, scheduling, quality control, reporting progress, reviewing and coordinating product releases
- Partner with the Product Manager and leaders on the Engineering team, keeping them in the know about plans, ongoing delivery, and any meaningful changes that may arise
- Work with the Product team to ensure project scope and the business case is clearly defined
- Ensure larger projects are broken down and estimated to establish reliable delivery dates
- Make sure hand-offs between teams are smooth, and flag issues and work with the teams to solve the issues
- Work with teams to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments, and removing them
- Support release planning and release management
- Manage multiple client implementations and projects/tasks simultaneously
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years as a Project Manager managing risks inherent in leading highly complex projects
- Notable experience working at a senior-level in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies and best practices
- Understanding of the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, to handle multiple concurrent priority tasks with tight deadlines
- A highly organized leader, who is accountable for managing the delivery of engineering work, and communicating risks and outcomes with stakeholders
- An effective communicator who is comfortable saying no and articulating the reasons why
- Great at relationship building
- Quick learner, comfortable with open-ended tasks
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and create process improvements
- A lifelong learner, who is constantly teaching themselves new things and growing
Bonus points for:
- An educational background in a life sciences-related discipline
- An educational background in engineering
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.