Senior Software Engineer - Core Infrastructure
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Core Infrastructure /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Infrastructure Team. As part of the job, you will work on incorporating and extending tools to help us operationalize our production stack.
What you’ll do:
- Build internal tools for various engineering teams
- Extend existing monitoring and tracing solutions for production systems
- Fully automate our cloud architecture via state-of-the-art declarative configuration management solutions so BenchSci can scale to meet user needs
- Collaborate closely with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging data problems
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years working as a professional developer
- A strong background in data structures and software design
- Expertise in Python or Golang and programming fundamentals
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- A strong interest in operationalizing systems
- You have strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A team player who strives to see teammates succeed together
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in networking
- Expertise in cloud security
- Experience with configuration management on public cloud providers
- Experience working on open-source projects
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.