Customer Therapeutic Area Report Lead
Toronto, Ontario /
Science – Scientific Data Extraction /
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
We are looking for a Customer Therapeutic Area Report Lead to join our growing Science team! Reporting directly to the Data Extraction Manager, you will lead the Science projects on a cross-functional team (CFT). You will serve as a subject matter expert in a Life Science discipline and as product owner (PO) of the scientific content. Work with the development teams to maximize the value of the data we extract from our sources, both in coverage (new data types, sources) and quality.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the therapeutic area and BenchSci
- Be the lead when communicating scientific/technical product requirements for data and clients
- Provide scientific insights to support the client reports by extracting and analyzing both internal and external data
- Engage external stakeholders in the exchange of scientific information for the relevant therapeutic area
- Demonstrating excellent scientific knowledge and maintaining strong and effective relationships with clients, by communicating effectively
- Continuously collect feedback and define opportunities to improve the development of BenchSci applications based on the proof-of-concept reports
- Be accountable for all data requirements and ensure they are met for each delivery, Be responsible for managing and growing your Science support team
- Scientific subject matter expertise in one of the following areas: neurodegenerative diseases, cardiovascular diseases, cardiometabolic diseases, inflammation, or infectious diseases
- Ph.D. or MSc +3 years of relevant bench experience in life sciences (e.g. Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, etc.)
- Previous experience working as a scientific liaison or in management consulting is an asset
- Demonstrated project leadership and management abilities through project scoping, resource allocation, and prioritization to meet all requirements and delivery timelines
- Demonstrates people leadership and management skills
- Experience working with large data sets and working with data processing tools, such as Excel, SQL, and Python/R, is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.