Vice President of Engineering, ML and Data
Engineering – Engineering /
Full-time (Remote) /
We're looking for a Vice President of Engineering to lead our machine learning (ML) and data engineering teams. Reporting to the SVP of Technology, you will work closely with our engineering and product leaders to build innovative products, create technical product plans, and bring extensive leadership to help BenchSci scale.
- Manage definition, execution, and delivery of all technical goals in the areas of data and ML engineering
- Create alignment across ML and data engineering; prioritize and direct urgency and importance of high-value problems following our roadmap
- Partner with engineering leadership during quarterly and yearly planning meetings, advocating for strategies and objectives required to achieve key ML and data goals
- Be an external thought leader—taking part in customer-facing engagements and internal & external tech due diligence to inform key priorities and goals for the ML and data teams
- Be an internal technology promoter and take an active part in strategic decision-making
- Act as an expert in trends and best practices in ML and data to inspire innovation and adoption of the latest engineering practices
- Lead world-class teams of directors, managers, and engineers to support our growth and deliver key ML and data products
- Guide and foster growth by overseeing the organizational design structure for your teams
- Play an active role in supporting and improving our hiring practices, ensuring that we’re best positioned for our growth objectives
- Commit to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the engineering division of BenchSci
- 8+ years of experience in a senior engineering management role at a Senior Director or VP level
- 10+ years of total experience leading large engineering teams (50+ members) across different functions and shipping data and/or software products at scale
- Deep knowledge and experience in DataOps, MLOps, modern data architecture, cloud-based data, ML tech stacks, and ML advancements
- Experience with architectural designs, technology exploration, and innovation management
- Proven track record building large-scale data platforms in a data-heavy, B2B environment
- Experience with building ML-based solutions and data pipelines for internal or commercial data products
- Demonstrated experience with managing priorities and implementing effective agile PDLC/SDLC practices at scale
- Ability to establish effective working partnerships across cross-functional teams in both technical and non-technical settings
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
A robust vacation policy plus an additional vacation day every year
Company closures for 14 more days throughout the year
Flex time for sick days, personal days, and religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits.
Annual learning & development budget
A one-time home office set-up budget to use upon joining BenchSci
An annual lifestyle spending account allowance
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
The ability to save for your retirement coupled with a company match!
BenchSci's mission is to exponentially increase the speed and quality of life-saving research and development. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by Generation Investment Management, TCV, Inovia, F-Prime, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.