Toronto, Ontario /
Strategy and Marketing – Marketing /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
As a key member of the Marketing team, the Marketing Designer will help drive customer and user acquisition and retention with effective design spanning multiple channels.
What you’ll do:
- Design sales and marketing assets including display ads, web pages, landing pages, social content, brochures, flyers, proposals, and presentations
- Continuously research and apply best-practices and new ideas in marketing design
- Collaborate with our current Marketing Designer to evolve the brand’s visual style while maintaining design consistency and integrity across channels
- Field creative requests and deliver assets within agreed upon timelines
- Own special design-related projects, as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- A highly collaborative, thoughtful, and creative individual
- 3-4 years’ experience in marketing, advertising, or graphic design
- Strong understanding of brand development and integrated marketing
- A strong portfolio, which shows your understanding of design, photography, typography, color and layouts
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals and initiate process improvements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with content management systems (even better if it includes HubSpot)
- Experience with Figma
- Interest in and experience with life sciences
- Basic HTML, CSS and JQuery
- Basic video editing
How to apply
Please submit a one-page resume, a short paragraph stating why you are interested in BenchSci, and a link to your portfolio. The deadline to apply is June 8, but we review applicants on an ongoing basis so please apply ASAP.
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.