Technical Program Manager
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Engineering /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
As a key member of the Engineering team, the Technical Program Manager will play an active role in managing BenchSci’s engineering operations. Reporting directly to the VP of Engineering and working alongside project managers and key stakeholders, you will own the engineering quarterly and project planning, manage engineering internal initiatives, and drive the OKRs for the entire engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Own & evolve BenchSci’s engineering operations to ensure key projects and processes are executed on a quarterly basis
- Manage and grow all the necessary planning and reporting infrastructure, i.e. project plans, capacity planning, status reports, dashboards etc.
- Oversee and maintain the key operational reports and metrics needed to track at a cross-department level
- Run weekly operational reviews across relevant teams to facilitate cross-departmental communication, remove roadblocks, and provide support
- Work closely with project managers, product managers and key stakeholders to coordinate and plan the delivery of company OKRs
- Ensure accountability for action items that are set and defined in weekly team meetings
- Consolidate and maintain documentation and SOPs surrounding all processes and infrastructure
- Ensure that urgent issues are being addressed in a timely manner
- Organize and run weekly operational reviews to ensure timely project delivery
- Coordinate with stakeholders to deliver quarterly company updates and weekly engineering project updates to leadership
- Build, maintain and evolve the internal engineering KPI dashboard
- Play a key role to aid in various IT initiatives
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in engineering project leadership roles managing risks inherent in leading highly complex projects
- Previous project management experience
- A highly organized leader who is accountable for managing the delivery of engineering work, and communicating risks and outcomes with stakeholders
- Notable experience working at a senior level in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of various project management methodologies and best practices
- Experience with building external-facing dashboards and status reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment while handling multiple concurrent priority tasks with tight deadlines
- An effective communicator who is comfortable saying no and articulating the reasons why
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and create process improvements
- A lifelong learner who is always seeking new opportunities to grow and evolve
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a start-up / SaaS organization
- An educational background in software engineering/computer science
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.