Commercial Marketing Manager
Toronto, Ontario /
Strategy and Marketing – Marketing /
BenchSci's vision is to bring medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We're doing this by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We're currently seeking a Commercial Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team. Reporting into the Director of Marketing, you will develop and execute marketing activities to support our Sales team.
- Understand our brand and market: become deeply familiar with the problems we solve, how we solve them, and who are our customers are
- Develop B2B marketing strategy to support our Sales team: work closely with Sales to ideate, prioritize, and establish objectives and key results that will best help achieve revenue targets
- Lead execution of Sales-supporting marketing tactics: create project plans, manage project completion, directly contribute to deliverables as needed, and generally ensure that Sales receives timely, effective, and high-quality marketing campaigns and assets
- Measure, report on, and optimize results: devise and implement measurement plans, track and analyze progress, and experiment to achieve continuous improvement
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world, and an interest in life science
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in a B2B marketing manager role supporting a sales team
- Rare ability to rapidly size up a business challenge, identify the key points of leverage, and design a marketing program to target them
- Deep experience working successfully with sales leadership to develop and execute effective marketing programs
- Multiple examples of implementing marketing programs to generate qualified leads and positively influence deal progression in enterprise accounts
- Understanding of complex sales processes involving multiple stakeholders at various levels of an organization, and how to influence them with marketing
- Familiarity with marketing and sales automation tools, especially HubSpot and Salesforce
- Experience marketing to senior executives
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan (everyone gets the "executive treatment")
- Effectiveness coaching for managers including onsite, personalized coaching from a trained clinical psychologist
- Mental health support including mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week (we're closed Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Additional days off such as BenchSci summer day, your birthday, and more
- Work from anywhere flexibility. Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym to keep fit with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package including health, dental and vision care
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.