Talent Acquisition Specialist
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Operations /
BenchSci's vision is to bring medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We're doing this by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing Engineering team! Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering Talent Acquisition, you will work closely with key engineering team members and candidates on a day-to-day basis. In this role, you will act as the main point of contact for all candidates throughout the entire recruitment process, provide an exceptional candidate experience, and implement creative sourcing strategies to maintain and grow our talent pool.
- Masterfully manage your time between conducting initial phone screens, sourcing passive talent, managing incoming applicants, scheduling interviews, and providing feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- Master your recruitment pitch and ensure a consistent delivery to all candidates
- Drive the targeted number of candidates into our pipeline each week which are based on our hiring forecasts and quarterly targets
- Consistently focus on finding the best ways to source, recruit, and add talent to our pipeline
- Promote new career opportunities through your network and various channels
- Hyper-prioritize every candidate in our pipeline, ensuring that we move them quickly and efficiently through our funnel
- Maintain an outstanding candidate experience throughout the recruitment process
- Share feedback with unsuccessful candidates by email and phone based on notes provided by interviewers
- Gain a deep understanding of all technical roles at BenchSci and speak to them with clarity and precision
- Consistently aim to improve our processes by evaluating task priority and tracking the effectiveness of your sourcing techniques
- Maintain and nurture BenchSci’s Talent Pool of qualified candidates for future opportunities
- Provide support for various employer branding and recruitment projects
- 2+ years of talent acquisition/technical recruitment experience
- Experience using LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience using an industry-standard applicant tracking system
- Working knowledge of various technical concepts in the software engineering space
- Experience identifying qualified candidates for high-volume, fast-paced recruiting teams
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Drive, resolve, and commitment to achieving goals
Nice to haves, but not mandatory qualifications:
- Experience recruiting for start-up technology and/or SaaS companies
- Experience using Lever
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options in the company
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan: All employees get the “executive treatment”
- Effectiveness coaching for managers: Onsite, personalized coaching from a trained clinical psychologist
- Mental health tools and support: Optional mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe: Find out what your DNA says about your health, traits, and ancestry
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week: Get 15 days to use anytime, and we’re closed Dec 25-Jan 1
- Additional days off: Company summer day, your birthday, and earn +1 vacation day annually
- Work from anywhere flexibility: Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym: Keep fit, conveniently, with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package: Including health and dental
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.