Senior Software Engineer in Test
Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our growing engineering team. In this role, you will drive quality within the team by building automated tests, tools and infrastructure with the goal of increasing the quality of the product. As BenchSci's first dedicated Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for building out this practice from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Build out end to end automated tests and integrate them into our CI pipeline. This includes our weekly platform regression sheet and should help and support weekly regression testing of product, science and CS demo flows
- Be involved in every step of the software development process by providing regular feedback on where things can go wrong and building test cases
- Own Platform deployment and coordinate QA process
- Build a product quality dashboard and work towards improving the overall quality of the platform
- Drive and advocate for quality across our engineering team during sprint planning, architecture designs and release management to improve overall code quality and release confidence
Who we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience on a product team
- 2+ years of test engineering experience on a product team
- Experience building end to end test suites for web apps
- Self starter who constantly looks to improve processes
- You have strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A team player who strives to see teammates succeed together
Bonus points for:
- Background in Life Science
- Experience with CircleCI
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary with company benefits from day one
- Dedicated learning and development budget (conferences, courses, etc.)
- An opportunity to help transform and improve scientific research with a fun, energetic, and supportive team
- Quarterly team events, annual retreats, and regular lunch and learns
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks
- Casual dress code in a creative office environment (we have our own botanist!)
- Office located in the heart of downtown Toronto
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.