Product Manager, Growth
Toronto, Ontario /
Product – Product /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
As a key member of the Product Team, reporting to the Director, Product, you will be responsible for defining and executing our strategy for product-led growth. This is a challenging and impactful role.
To succeed you will need to be someone who is:
- Creative. You can generate novel hypotheses about how to drive the greatest impact on your key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Methodical. You work with a clear process that allows you to test your hypotheses quickly, doubling down on what works and abandoning what doesn’t.
- Data-Driven. You’ll take the time to learn the nuances of our users and our product.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute BenchSci’s product-led growth strategy to increase BenchSci’s industry monthly active users (MAU)
- Build features within our product that will help us to both acquire and retain users. Examples include increasing virality and improving user engagement
- Evolve our in-product onboarding experience to ensure users extract the full possible value from BenchSci’s data and features
- Create an experimentation framework to generate hypotheses, test them, and quickly measure the impact, ensuring all new features are purpose-driven
- Collaborate closely with those most crucial to your success: Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success
- Develop a deep understanding of our users’ workflows and needs
- Write user stories for the development team for feature releases
- Drive release-management - make decisions about what tradeoffs to make to ensure we regularly ship incremental value
- Communicate often - keep teams aligned on the purpose of our work
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of product management experience, within a high-paced agile environment
- Proven track record of product-driven growth activities (acquisition and retention)
- Proven experience defining experimentation approach to test hypotheses (e.g. A/B/n)
- Experience with behavioural analytics software (e.g. GA, Heap) such that you can define, QA, and measure impact
- Familiarity with in-product onboarding solutions
- Demonstrated Ux skill set (e.g. wireframing)
- Strong understanding of BenchSci’s business, product, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize solutions to drive the greatest possible impact
- Strong communicator and leader
- (Preferred) Background in analytics and/or marketing
- (Preferred) Experience on a B2B product
What you get:
- Competitive salary with company benefits from day one
- Dedicated learning and development budget (conferences, courses, etc.)
- An opportunity to help transform and improve scientific research with a fun, energetic, and supportive team
- Quarterly team events, annual retreats, and regular lunch and learns
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.