Director, Portfolio Performance Solutions
Toronto, Ontario /
Sales – Portfolio Performance Solutions /
We are looking for a Director, Portfolio Performance Solutions to join the BenchSci team. Reporting to the VP of Portfolio Performance Solutions, you will lead BenchSci's effort to drive enterprise-wide value at the top global pharmaceutical companies through accelerating discovery and pre-clinical research. You will identify the avenues through which BenchSci's ASCEND platform is catalyzing research and unlocking new opportunities for our pharmaceutical partners. You will bring in an understanding of value creation and "first principles problem-solving" skills to identify the impact of the platform on the R&D portfolio. You will partner with all stakeholders and align them to your vision for the value story.
We are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US for this position.
- Identify the impact of BenchSci's ASCEND platform on accelerating discovery, early-stage research and translational optimization at our global pharmaceutical customers
- Translate the scientific impact and insights (e.g., target discovery, risk identification, experimental path optimization, translational path enhancement) to economic value creation for R&D programs powered by the ASCEND platform
- Define the path to evaluating value creation for the entire R&D portfolio that reflects value creation through the acceleration of specific ongoing R&D programs and the discovery of new opportunities
- Be a partner to scientific and portfolio leadership at our partner organizations and deliver insightful reports and presentations to leading R&D executives
- Present at customer leadership meetings to help them understand their R&D portfolio performance
- Lead business analysts to develop a suite of R&D portfolio analytics that diagnose efficiency improvement opportunities
- Work with our Science, Delivery, and Analytics teams to analyze internal customer data and define value stories
- Be a thoughtful operator and define the path to scaling up value assessment for your team
- Critical thinking and can identify the core value drivers driving disproportional impact
- Experience facilitating high-level/executive discussions in the healthcare and pharma space and an understanding of R&D priorities
- Stakeholder management skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Create impactful stories with complex qualitative and quantitative information
- 7+ years of healthcare or pharma experience
- Management consulting experience at a top consulting firm is nice to have.
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to email@example.com.