Business Operations Manager
Toronto, Ontario /
Operations – Operations /
BenchSci's vision is to bring medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We're doing this by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are currently seeking a Business Operations Manager to join our Operations team. As part of the job, you will support the day-to-day operations at BenchSci by managing knowledge sharing company-wide, implementing streamlined processes, reporting on OKRs and KPIs, among other things. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, you will also work with various department heads, vendors and team leads to ensure BenchSci continues to move at a high velocity.
- Support leadership with company-wide communications by preparing monthly updates and creating weekly townhall decks.
- Author and manage the weekly company-wide newsletter by reviewing KPIs, OKRs, Customer feedback and Departmental updates.
- Manage the company-wide knowledge hub by ensuring information is maintained in an organized fashion and delegated to subject matter experts for updates.
- Manage the OKR planning and reporting process throughout the year including scheduling and managing the monthly review meetings.
- Develop and track BAU (Business As Usual) KPIs across different teams.
- Identify process gaps within the organization and rollout scalable processes to help support growth.
- Identify and implement new programs with important partners to improve BenchSci’s operational efficiency.
- Support auditing departmental processes on a quarterly basis with a focus on keeping processes lean.
- Drive process adoptions by working with the Head of Operations and collaborating with different departments.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience or similar role experience.
- Experience creating and improving processes to maximize efficiency or reliability, while adapting to fast-paced changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate facts and opinions clearly and succinctly, articulate reasons, and be comfortable to say no.
- Willingness to constantly learn and grow as you teach yourself new things.
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan (everyone gets the "executive treatment")
- Effectiveness coaching for managers including onsite, personalized coaching from a trained clinical psychologist
- Mental health support including mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week (we're closed Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Additional days off such as BenchSci summer day, your birthday, and more
- Work from anywhere flexibility. Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym to keep fit with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package including health, dental and vision care
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.