Senior Product Manager
Toronto, Ontario /
Product – Product /
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We do this by empowering scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, easy to use biomedical artificial intelligence software platform, thereby avoiding delays that slow the progress of medicine to clinical trials. Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for more than 41,000 scientists that accelerates research at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team. This is a challenging, impactful, and highly collaborative position. Reporting to the Director, Product you will introduce a new suite of products to the market and quickly iterate on them to maximize their impact. In doing so, you will play a critical role in accelerating the rate at which new medicines are brought to patients.
- Tackle completely novel challenges in AI, experiment design, and drug development
- Drive a new experimental success product offering from conception to launch, leveraging BenchSci’s robust data platform
- Develop and maintain the roadmap for multiple products
- Bridge expertise across our Design, User Research, Science, Engineering, and R&D departments to effectively evolve our products
- Communicate proactively, helping cross-functional teams and customers understand the impact our products are having, and opportunities to improve
- Meet regularly with BenchSci’s leading customers (top-20 pharmaceutical companies) and users (preclinical research scientists) to identify the most impactful problems we can address with our technology
- Define and deliver product outcomes
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative data to develop a deep understanding of our users, and be a voice of our users and customers within the organization
- Lead the planning of development sprints with the help of engineers and designers and make difficult decisions about what tradeoffs to make to ensure we regularly ship value to our users
- Establish a tight build, measure, learn feedback loop on all products that you manage
- Develop a deep understanding of BenchSci’s underlying machine learning technology and data platform
- Elevate BenchSci’s growing product management practice, implementing best practices to help the Product Team to function more effectively and efficiently
- MSc in biology, with relevant research experience at the bench, is a must
- 5+ years of relevant product management experience, ideally in the healthcare or life sciences space
- Effectively brought new products to market, and quickly evolved them to achieve product-market fit
- Demonstrated that you are a strong communicator. You will be expected to both represent our product in an unbiased way to end-users and communicate priorities to a variety of internal stakeholders
Our benefits and perks:
- A compensation package that includes equity options
- An annual Executive Health Assessment at Medcan (everyone gets the "executive treatment")
- Effectiveness coaching for managers: Onsite, personalized coaching from an executive coach with a doctorate in clinical psychology
- Mental health support including mindfulness sessions and a free Headspace account
- Complimentary genome sequencing from 23andMe
- Three weeks of vacation, plus another week (we're closed Dec 25-Jan 1)
- Additional days off such as BenchSci summer day, your birthday, and more
- Work from anywhere flexibility. Every day right now, and up to 4 days per week once we return to the office
- An onsite gym to keep fit with a Peloton and other great equipment
- A great benefits package including health, dental and vision care
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.