Office & Facilities Manager
Toronto, Ontario /
People – Systems & Operations /
We are looking for an Office & Facilities Manager to join our Internal Systems and Operations team. You will be reporting to the Director of Internal Solutions and Operations.
The Office and Facilities Manager at BenchSci will manage and oversee daily operations of our Toronto, Vancouve, and UK offices. This person will ensure that BenchSci’s offices have a consistent look and feel. With the paradigm shift in the working environment, offices are now collaboration spaces where teams meet to workshop ideas and build community. The office experience should be seamless whether you live in the area or are coming from outside the region. Employees should know that an office is a BenchSci office by the small touches that are carried throughout all of our locations.
This position is onsite at our Toronto location.
- Be on-site at the Toronto office to manage supply stock, mail and deliveries, and ensure office space is kept clean and tidy
- Manage construction and renovation projects for new and existing sites
- Maintain a schedule for maintenance and building repairs
- Ensure health and safety programs are up to local requirements and code
- Ensure employees and guests are signed in to the visitor management system when in the office
- Manage 3rd party vendors for trades (General Contractors, electrical, plumbing, etc), deliveries (eg. FedEx), onboarding (eg. Giftagram), life events (eg. weddings, funerals, etc), office services (cleaning, paper shredding, etc), and co-working (eg. WeWork)
- Manage sub-tenant relationship(s) for leased office space
- Oversee budget and spend related to facilities (co-working, maintenance, renovation, etc)
- Provide support to the event manager when running events out of the Toronto office
- Oversee budget and spend related to the office (office supplies, food, shipping)
- Run local office programs (food/snack events, social events, etc)
- 3 years experience in Facilities Management including multi-site
- A customer service mindset when managing requests from employees
- The ability to work independently and manage your own schedule.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements for an office environment.
- Experience with negotiating and managing third-party suppliers
- Experience with building out offices from lease to opening.
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci's vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world's most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google's AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We're a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they're the organization's beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other's differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.
You will work with high-impact, highly skilled, and intelligent experts motivated to drive impact and fulfill a meaningful mission. We empower you to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and thrive. Here you will be challenged to stretch yourself to achieve the seemingly impossible. Learn more about our culture.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We believe that improving diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility, and this belief guides our DEI journey. Learn more about our DEI initiatives.
Accessibility Accommodations: Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.