Toronto, Ontario /
Operations – Operations /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. As part of the job, you will drive the end-to-end delivery of all strategic client initiatives. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, you will work closely with our clients, Customer Success and Sales teams, and various Engineering and Product leads to ensure timely delivery on client initiatives.
What you will do
- Manage end-to-end delivery of complex programs working with some of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Partner with Customer Success and Product teams to understand the strategic imperatives and critical success factors for an account.
- Interact with clients to relay project plans, status updates, communicate and resolve project information, as needed.
- Work with the Customer Success and Sales team to set client expectations and proactively manage concerns and issues.
- Create detailed project plans and account roadmaps for the timely delivery of all strategic client projects.
- Understand and learn to anticipate client needs when framing and making delivery decisions.
- Identify and mitigate risks before issues arise, by proactively working with delivery and commercial teams.
- Ensure teams are aligned on project requirements and identify any gaps in planning, services provided, or opportunities.
- Ensure the delivery teams are working effectively.
- Work with engineering project managers to adjust project plans and/or expectations as the need arises.
- Provide support to adjust any aspect of the project to ensure success.
- Set up and manage necessary internal touchpoints such as project stand-ups, weekly meetings, etc.
- Ensure established processes are being followed to drive efficiency and good communication.
- Identify where processes can be improved and work to implement changes as needed.
- Understand how decisions at a project or program level impact various teams and operational goals.
- Develop and maintain a high level of team effectiveness by building trust and good relationships with commercial and delivery teams.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of Program Management experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- A highly organized leader, who is accountable for managing delivery on client projects, and communicating risks and outcomes with all key stakeholders
- Experience leading client-facing initiatives, including presenting to clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and handle multiple concurrent priority tasks with tight deadlines
- An effective communicator who is comfortable saying no and can articulate the reasons why
- Great at relationship building
- Quick learner, comfortable with open-ended tasks
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and create process improvements
- A lifelong learner, who is constantly teaching themselves new things and growing
- You have a biology background, either through education or a career path
- Have worked with or at a pharmaceutical company
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.