Toronto, Ontario /
Operations – Operations /
BenchSci's vision is to bring medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We're doing this by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI fund), and Inovia Capital, our platform accelerates science at 15 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading research centers worldwide. We're a CIX Top 10 Growth company, certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our team. As part of the job, you will drive the delivery of all strategic client projects. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, you will work closely with our clients, Customer Success and Sales teams, and different Engineering and Product leads to ensure delivery on client initiatives.
- Manage end-to-end delivery of complex programs working with some of the top pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Lead integration projects and guide the delivery teams and client through implementation
- Partner with Customer Success and Product teams to understand the strategic imperatives and critical success factors for an account.
- Interact with clients to relay project plans, status updates, communicate and resolve project information.
- Work with the Customer Success and Sales team to set client expectations and proactively manage concerns and issues.
- Create detailed project plans and account roadmaps for the delivery of all strategic client projects.
- Understand and learn to anticipate client needs when framing and making delivery decisions.
- Identify and mitigate risks before issues arise, by proactively working with delivery and commercial teams.
- Ensure teams are aligned on project requirements and identify any gaps in planning, services provided, or opportunities.
- Work with engineering project managers to adjust project plans and/or expectations as the need arises.
- Provide support to adjust any aspect of the project to ensure success.
- Ensure established processes are being followed to drive efficiency.
- Identify where processes can be improved and work to implement changes.
- Understand how decisions at a project or program level impact various teams and operational goals.
- Develop and maintain a high level of team effectiveness by building trust and good relationships with commercial and delivery teams.
- 3+ years of Program Management experience in addition to 5 years of Project Management experience.
- Experience leading client-facing initiatives, including presenting to clients
- Led and managed the delivery on client projects, and communicating risks and outcomes with all partners
- Handled multiple concurrent priority tasks and projects with tight deadlines
- An effective communicator who is comfortable saying no and indicating the reasons why.
- Delivered results on open-ended tasks, and created process improvements.
- Passion for learning, consistently teaching yourself new things and growing your skills.
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BenchSci is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. The work and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is our collective responsibility. That fundamental belief will guide us along our diversity, equity, and inclusion journey. We are just at the beginning, we will experience moments of discomfort and we may stumble along the way but we are committed to continuously improving and creating equitable and systemic change.
BenchSci provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.