Toronto, Ontario /
Engineering – Reagent Platform /
BenchSci exponentially increases the speed and quality of life-saving research by empowering scientists with the world’s most advanced biomedical artificial intelligence to run more successful experiments. Backed by F-Prime and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, BenchSci uses machine learning to diagnose pharmaceutical R&D health from hidden patterns in procurement data. A turnkey application of AI with immediate, quantifiable impact, BenchSci now optimizes reagent procurement and experimental success in 15 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers globally.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing Reagent Platform Team. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, delivery, mentoring and coaching of multiple full-stack engineering teams. You will work closely with the product team and help with cross-team priorities and management.
In this role, you will:
- Own and drive execution of product and technical roadmap of multiple full-stack teams
- Take a leadership role in our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes
- Manage the growth and development of all engineers on your teams
- Help improve the processes and patterns of multiple teams
- Engage with R&D, Data Pipeline, Science and Product teams to facilitate the delivery of complex projects with high quality in a timely manner
We’re looking for people who have:
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional developer
- 2+ years of experience working as an engineering team manager
- Solid experience building web applications
- Experience with cloud reference architectures and developing specialized stacks on cloud services
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience building SaaS applications
Here at BenchSci, these are our core values:
Focused: We focus on what will drive the greatest impact at all times.
Advancement: We believe in continuous growth, and discovering new ways to do things better. This applies to our product and business, but also to ourselves.
Speed: We recognize that without a sense of urgency, our team, our product and our mission lose their value.
Tenacity: What we’re trying to do isn’t easy, but we hire the best people, and give them the autonomy, tools, and resources to succeed. The hard work is up to them.
Transparency: We believe that sharing diverse ideas and information creates strong teams. Our success stems from research, collaboration, feedback, and trust.
BenchSci is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. All four of our cofounders are immigrants to Canada, as are many of our employees. We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas.