Episodic Director - New Streaming Comedy
North Hollywood, CA
Directing & Storyboard
Bento Box is looking for Episodic Directors!
***Primetime comedy directing experience in 2D animation required***
The ideal candidate is a team leader and excellent storyteller with a proactive eye that can see a problem coming before it gets there. You are comfortable breaking down scripts and getting your vision across to your team of board artists. You have laser sharp focus and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. You are a people person who understands what it takes to lead your team. This is a demanding position that requires someone who is a solid storyteller, positive thinker, and thrives on the thrill of a challenge!
We are currently hiring artists and production crew to work safely and remotely on our shows!
Thank you for applying!
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Supervising Director and the storyboard team, seeing through the creative vision for each script.
- Thumbnail episodes to provide a clear roadmap for your storyboard team.
- Break down script and prepare for hand out to storyboard team.
- Oversee and adjust storyboards and give notes at milestone phases throughout the schedule.
- Note rough designs submitted to ensure they fit the needs of the storyboardInterface with the multiple departments of production as needed – design, timing, etc.
- 3+ years of experience directing in episodic 2D animated television, preferably in comedy.
- Must possess strong storyboarding skills and be able to time storyboards to dialogue tracks.
- Knowledge of 2D animation and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post production.
- Knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Photoshop.
- Comfortable working digitally on a Cintiq.
- Outstanding people skills: ability to guide a unique group of creative staff.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.