Supervising Animator - 2D Kids Series
North Hollywood, CA /
Bento Box is looking for an experienced Supervising Animator for a new 2D animated kids adventure series! The ideal candidate is someone who is deadline-driven and able to handle quick turnarounds. Must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and willing to take and follow direction. Must be good communicators, as engaging with co-workers and directors is an integral part of this role.
- Responsible for supervising animators to ensure character performance and consistency
- Animate key shots within required sequences
- Strong character acting ability, solid sense of comedic timing, high quality draftsmanship and drawing abilities
- Well developed critical eye with strong attention to detail
- Work with Animators to ensure the creative goals by the Director are met
- Maintain relationships with team of artists
- Collaborate with director in review of animation, and participate in other creative meetings such as dailies, walk-throughs, editorial meetings, etc.
- Work closely with the Character TDs, Head of Character Animation, and other Supervising Animators to ensure the performance and integrity of characters are maintained
- Work closely with the Head of Character Animation and Production Supervisor in the management of the department
- Work with the Head of Character Animation and Production Supervisor to hit sequence deadlines and ensure the quotas are met for both shots and sequences.
- Work with the Head of Character Animation, Production Supervisor, and Directors on casting shots/assignments to animators within the sequence.
- Deliver reviews with Production Supervisor to crew members
- Proficiency in ToonBoom Harmony software is required
- Two (2) + years of professional studio experience, preferably in 2D series
- Online portfolio for submission is required
- Previous experience in a broadcast animation environment and knowledge of a studio production pipeline is highly valued