Episodic Director - Netflix Series
Glendale, CA /
Directing & Storyboard /
Bento Box is looking for Episodic Directors for a new Netflix Series!
Primetime comedy directing experience in 2D animation required.
The ideal candidate is an organized team leader and excellent visual storyteller with experience in both primetime and action animation (series). You are comfortable breaking down scripts and getting your vision across to your team of board artists. You are focused, communicative and hard-working. We're looking someone who understands what it takes to lead a team and who can stay calm under pressure. This is a demanding position that requires someone who has extensive series experience, is a solid storyteller, positive thinker, and able to consistently think on their feet.
We are currently hiring artists and production crew to work safely and remotely on our shows!
Thank you for applying!
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Supervising Director and the storyboard team, seeing through the creative vision for each script
- Thumbnail episodes to provide a clear roadmap for your storyboard team
- Break down script and prepare for hand out to storyboard team
- Oversee and adjust storyboards and give notes at milestone phases throughout the schedule
- Take on scenes to help meet deadlines/expectations
- Ability to seek a higher perspective on creative decisions with production considerations in mind
- Note rough designs submitted to ensure they fit the needs of the storyboardInterface with the multiple departments of production as needed – design, timing, etc.
- Note and help package animatics for timing/staging/animation/delivery purposes.
- 3+ years of experience directing in episodic 2D animated television, preferably in primetime comedy
- Action experience and ability (either action directing experience or action-driven storyboarding experience)
- Must possess strong storyboarding skills and be able to time storyboards to dialogue tracks
- Knowledge of 2D animation and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post production
- Proficient Knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Photoshop a must
- Comfortable working digitally on a Cintiq
- Outstanding people skills: ability to guide a unique group of creative staff
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong communicator