Episodic Director - Primetime Comedy
Directing & Storyboard
Bento Box is looking for a Directors!
Positions starting in March & April 2020
***Primetime comedy directing experience in 2D animation required***
The ideal candidate is a supreme organizer with a proactive eye that can see a problem coming before it gets there. You are a quick-thinking and flexible juggler able to handle multiple responsibilities on a schedule. You possess a strong ability to lead a team of board artists, keeping them motivated when schedules get tough. You have laser sharp focus and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker, and thrives on the thrill of a challenge!
We are currently hiring artists and production crew to work safely and remotely on our shows!
Thank you for applying!
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Supervising Director and the storyboard team, seeing through the creative vision for each script
- Thumbnailing episodes to provide a clear roadmap for your storyboard team
- Break down script and prepare for hand out to storyboard team
- Oversee and adjust storyboards and give notes at milestone phases throughout the schedule
- Note rough designs submitted to ensure they fit the needs of the storyboard
- Interface with the multiple departments of production as needed – design, timing, etc.
- 3+ years of experience directing in episodic series 2D animated television, preferably in comedy
- Experience with animal movement is a plus!
- Must possess strong storyboarding skills and be able to time storyboards to dialogue tracks
- Knowledge of 2D animation and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post production
- Knowledge of Storyboard Pro, and Photoshop
- Comfortable working digitally on a Cintiq
- Outstanding people skills: ability to guide a unique group of creative staff
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment, including the management of the team within this environment
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team
- This is an 839 union production. Must either be a union member in good standing, or willing to join the union if offered this position