North Hollywood, CA /
Production Staff /
The ideal candidate is a supreme organizer with a proactive eye that can see a problem coming before it gets there. You are a quick-thinking and flexible juggler able to handle multiple responsibilities within a constantly changing environment. You possess a strong ability to lead a group of diverse personalities, keeping them motivated when schedules get tough. You have laser sharp focus and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a positive thinker, and thrives on the thrill of a challenge!
We are currently hiring artists and production crew to work safely and remotely on our shows!
Thank you for applying!
- Recruit, test, interview potential staff to help build an awesome team.
- Oversee production team and manage all departments including production staff, storyboard, design, retake animation and post.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the production team and the animation producer, including daily reporting.
- Understand all departments and work closely with managers and supervisors to problem solve and maintain department schedules.
- Oversee all IT and facilities issues
- Directly supervise the day-to-day workload of coordinators and PAs.
- Project and troubleshoot potential problems or issues within the production.
- Schedule daily/weekly workflow in order to meet all deadlines.
- Lead all production meetings including kick-off meetings, design reviews, and storyboard reviews.
- Oversee legal tracking and clearance for all scripts/dialogue and designs, including both internal and client/network notes.
- Review through post at all phases of production: confirm all network, legal, standards, and executive producer notes have been addressed.
- Manage weekly timecards: tracking crew and artist hours, approving overtime, timecard approval and reporting to accounting department.
- Create episodic crew credits: maintaining the production report, creating the episodic credits working document, and obtaining internal and client/network approval signatures.
- Oversee production staff in episodic shipping to animation studio.
- Main point of contact between network marketing and publicity departments to prepare show release.
- Coordinate ancillary events: staff events, crew gifts, hotel, travel.
- 2+ years of experience in production management, with emphasis on 2D animation and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post production.
- Strong connections within the animation community and a pocket full of talent.
- Outstanding people skills: ability to guide a unique group of creative staff.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment, including the management of the team within this environment.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony, Storyboard Pro, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Production Tracking and Asset Management software.
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Knowledge of union rules including SAG/Aftra, 839 Animation Guild, and WGA.
Cover letters are appreciated; don’t make us imagine why you are the perfect fit…this is your chance to tell us!