Animatic & Animation Editor
North Hollywood, CA
Bento Box is looking for an experienced Animatic & Animation Editor for series.
Position to start at the end of May 2020.
***Experience working in animated comedy television series is REQUIRED.
Animatic Editor Responsibilities:
- Create polished animatics by importing Storyboard Pro XMLs into Premiere.
- Import aaf file delivered from the dialogue editor and conform audio to the imported XML sequences.
- Responsible for temp sfx and music passes using existing sound libraries in preparation for attended edit with show creators and EPs.
- Completing edit passes with show creators and EP’s addressing all notes for milestone network and production deliveries.
- Conform edit to script rewrite and cut in temp and/or final audio.
- Responsible for all QuickTime and element outputs.
- Quality control for each export and delivery.
Animation Editor Responsibilities:
- Import locked animatic QuickTime’s and aaf files into Avid.
- Create polished animation edits importing all animation takes into the Avid in preparation for attended edits with show creators and EPs.
- Conform edit to each revised script draft.
- Keep edit up to date with most current music cues from composer.
- Completing edit passes with show creators and EPs addressing all notes for milestone network and production deliveries.
- Adjust lip sync to audio as needed.
- Track all animation retakes, cut in daily, making sure all retakes are in prior to any attended edit and the lock.
- Responsible for formatting episode timing per final network delivery guidelines.
- Preparation of all final online assets for delivery to post facilities.
- 5 years of experience editing within a digital animation pipeline.
- Must be highly proficient in HD workflow, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Must be familiar with the XML process between Storyboard Pro and Premiere.
- Experience working on both broadcast and digital series.
- Strong communication skills and flexibility when working with directors, show runners and EPs.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Responsible for meeting all delivery deadlines, including quality checking prior to deliveries.
- Must be knowledgeable about the latest editing techniques and visual trends, especially in animation.