Animation Director - Bento Box Atlanta
Atlanta, GA /
Bento Box Animation Studios Atlanta is hiring!
We are looking for superstar Animation Directors for the production of broadcast television and online animated series. Episodic series comedy experience is a plus.
Our ideal candidate can lead an episodic team of animators to make certain that the style, vision, and comedy for the series are met for each of their episodes. You work in partnership with the Supervising Director and will be part of all aspects of production including designs and timing. You are an organized multi-tasker with at least 2 years experience working on a series production, preferably comedy. You are proactive and trouble-shoot with your team on a daily basis. You work with the Animators to deliver a show that meets the style and timing of the series.
We are currently hiring artists and production crew to work safely and remotely on our shows. Thank you for applying!
- Work with Supervising Director/Producer to ensure that his/her creative vision will be produced within production timeline
- Prep and lead animation handouts by communicating storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of quality to the animation team
- Review animation with your team and provide clear and precise instructions for any and all revisions
- Communicate, organize and relay all revisions/notes to your team.
- Support, guide and lead your team in a positive manner.
- Participate in all edit sessions to see the animation through to completion
- 2+ years of experience directing in episodic series television, preferably in comedy
- Knowledge of 2D animation and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post production
- Knowledge of Storyboard Pro, Photoshop and Toon Boom Harmony is required
- Comfortable working digitally on a Cintiq
- Outstanding people skills: ability to guide a unique group of creative staff
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment, including the management of the team within this environment
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to effectively read x sheets or timing charts and redline artist animation for character posing or animation choices, as well as have a strong sense of composition
- Previous leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team