Art Director - New Streaming Comedy
North Hollywood, CA
Bento Box is looking for an Art Director to see through the creative vision for a new comedy series for an upcoming streaming service!
Must be available to start in April 2020
We are currently hiring artists and production crew to work safely and remotely on our shows!Thank you for applying!
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Executive Producers and the production team, seeing through the creative vision for each script.
- Break down script and prepare for hand out to Design team.
- Oversee designs and give notes at milestone phases throughout the schedule.
- Manage a team of in-house and freelance artists, guiding them to excellence.
- Review designs submitted to ensure they fit the needs of the storyboard.
- Oversee color team ensuring continuity throughout show.
- Review take 1 animation footage, call retakes, do draw-overs and provide reference as needed for retake process.
- 3+ years of experience art directing in episodic series television, preferably in primetime comedy.
- Knowledge of 2D animation and a thorough understanding of a 2D production pipeline from development to post production.
- Knowledge of Photoshop. Toon Boom Harmony knowledge is a plus.
- Comfortable working digitally on a Cintiq.
- Outstanding people skills: ability to guide a unique group of creative staff.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment, including the management of the team within this environment.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team.