Business Development, Strategic Partnerships
San Francisco, CA
We believe in a future where access beats ownership. A future where everyone in every community can access items from their community when they need them. A future where we aren't burdened with owning items that we'll only use a few times a year. A future where we can have richer experiences with those we love. A future where we can all own less, and do more.
At Omni, we're working together to build this future. Specifically, we're building a network of items in every city in the world — starting in SF and Portland — that anyone can access when they need, and only pay for the time they use them.
In this role, you will lead our approach across product and expansion to scope and negotiate strategic deals; develop deep relationships with key partners; and lead the growth of mid-market and enterprise partnerships across a cross-functional team within Omni.
A successful candidate will have experience managing strong external relationships, driving cross-functional internal teams, and enjoys navigating challenging problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Own, develop and execute new partnerships for key verticals, supply brands, and retail/brand integrations
- Work closely with product, expansion, support, and sales teams to identify and engage potential partners to enhance our distribution capabilities and reach
- Own our strategic partner relationships end-to-end: from initial scoping, to negotiations, and ongoing success
- Manage cross-functional team projects involving deployment of partnerships, including legal, finance, comms, support, and product execution
- 3-5 years of experience in business development and partnerships
- Proven ability to negotiate, problem-solve, and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners
- Experience in e-commerce and working with retail companies preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-functional skills – you have the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical team members
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor – able to shift from big picture to detailed operations quickly and effectively
Omni is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion/creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, sexual orientation or preference, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other legally-protected class or characteristic. Omni considers all qualified applicants including those with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Omni is happy to make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please let our People Ops team know by emailing people [at] beomni.com.