Your primary objective as an Operations Generalist is to learn and flawlessly execute on the operations processes and procedures that enable the world of Omni — where Access beats Ownership — to the Portland community. This role will be an integral part of the Omni team launching Portland, and will be expected to learn multiple operational functions as part of the launch process:
Concierge/Retail Operations: Serves as Omni’s front line to our members, picking up and delivering the personal items of Omni members. You will engage with Omni members in the Portland community while they are at home, at work, or visiting us at our location, which requires the utmost professionalism and solid understanding of Omni’s service. You will create an unparalleled member experience by providing members with creative uses for Omni, answers to questions about the service and the app, making recommendations for items to store, and – above all – providing a comfortable, professional experience that feels like magic.
Processor: Powers the magic that is Omni’s platform by taking the high quality images that allow our member’s to showcase their items in the marketplace. You will be responsible for the intake, photographing, categorizing, and packaging of member items as they are brought into the warehouse.
Inventory Control: Responsible for the safe storage and retrieval of members items within the warehouse. You will ensure member items are properly packaged for returns and that all orders are prepared in a timely fashion. You will also be responsible for performing storage location audits to ensure that items are always able to be located when members need them.
Rental Quality Auditor: Ensures that the marketplace experience is magical for both the item renter and item owner. You will audit items listed in the marketplace and ensure they meet Omni’s standards for functionality, quality, and safety. You will ensure that each item listed is capable of being used as intended by the renter and inspect items upon their return for damage to protect the owner.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Driving Omni’s branded vehicles around Portland to member appointments, picking up items for as well as delivering items for member use,
- Keeping careful record of items collected from each member pickup to ensure smooth, accurate intake at the warehouse,
- Being professional, trustable, and personable,
- Exceptional organizational skills,
- Exceptional communication skills
- Dressing appropriately for work (uniform enforced when performing concierge functions),
- Serve as the company’s primary point of contact with regard to daily metrics, bugs, status updates, reporting, or requests for resources,
- Be accountable for the day’s operations, including processing times, photo quality, on-time performance, errors, and completion of any assigned projects/goals,
- Serve as a point of contact for Customer Success, providing info around all order statuses, changes, errors, and special accommodations,
- Overseeing the successful and timely training of new employees, continuously keep an eye out for areas of improvement and retraining as needed,
- Document and communicate all pertinent information to other shift leads to ensure smooth hand-off of operations,
- Address and track all member-facing or processing errors,
- Follow and complete opening and closing protocols.
You are also expected to:
- Be an example of Omni’s Core Values in action, setting a high bar for conduct, reliability, trustability, and integrity.
- Provide ongoing feedback to \help us develop our service to meet the needs of the Portland community,
- Help establish an operations culture that strives for success and always has a deep concern for member satisfaction,
- Motivate and inspire the team to work with pride, urgency, and a sense of ownership.
- At least 21 years of age,
- Able to handle ambiguous and unexpected situations,
- Previous experince with retail or customer service,
- Valid Driver License and good driving record for previous 2 years,
- Able to lift 50 lbs,
- Familiarity with basic technology and devices, including smartphones and desktop computers,
- Previous leadership/management experience,
- Written and verbal command of English.
- Self-motivated. When you see something needs doing, you’re happy to be the one who does it,
- Observant and logical. If something isn’t quite right, you notice. If something isn’t obvious, you’re comfortable asking for help,
- Willing to be a ‘grasshopper.’ You are willing to learn, are patient during the process, and willing to split time between multiple functions,
- Being a “good human." You have empathy and do what’s right, even when it’s not easy,
- Trustability. You are as honest as they come and people are at ease around you,
- Dependability. Your team can count on you,
- Punctuality. We promise our members we’ll be there - you take that seriously,
- You’re a team player. You like people, and you like working with people. You feel good when everyone wins together.
Omni is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion/creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, sexual orientation or preference, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other legally-protected class or characteristic. Omni considers all qualified applicants including those with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Omni is happy to make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please let our People Ops team know by emailing people [at] beomni.com.