San Francisco, CA
Your primary objective as Shift Lead is to ensure the flawless execution of Omni’s logistics and inventory services by managing the personnel on duty in our San Francisco warehouse. The Shift Lead is in the gatekeeper of our customers’ experience, making sure that the Concierge team as well as the Inventory and Processing Associates have the information, resources, and time needed to deliver on Omni’s promise of a service that feels like magic. This role reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Ensure that warehouse personnel and Concierges follow all Omni procedures related to safety,
- Serve as the company’s primary point of contact with regard to daily metrics, bugs, status updates, reporting, or requests for resources,
- Be accountable for the day’s operations, including processing times, photo quality, on-time performance, errors, and completion of any assigned projects/goals,
- Manage personnel on duty effectively and harmoniously, ensuring employees are present and focused; finding cover or filling shifts for no-shows, sick calls, etc; managing accurate and timely use of rest breaks and meal breaks,
- Maintain documentation of personnel performance,
- Serve as the day’s point of contact for Customer Support, providing info around all order statuses, changes, errors, special accommodations, and make-goods,
- Overseeing the successful and timely training of new employees, continuously keep an eye out for areas of improvement and re-training as needed,
- Document and communicate all pertinent information to other shift leads to ensure smooth hand-off of operations,
- Dispatch Concierge vehicles on well-planned routes,
- Address and track all customer-facing or processing errors,
- Track hardware and escalate software bugs for attention,
- Follow and complete opening and closing protocols,
- Execute duties of Concierge and Processing Associate as needed.
You are also expected to:
- Be an example of Omni’s Core Values in action, setting a high bar for conduct, reliability, trustability, and integrity.
- Motivate and inspire the team to work with pride, urgency, and a sense of ownership.
- Percentage of daily orders processed within SLA window (24 hours),
- Percentage of daily incoming and outgoing orders processed without error,
- Percentage of appointments serviced on-time,
- Completion of daily projects/goals,
- General team morale and productivity.
- Previous leadership/management experience,
- Ability to handle ambiguous and unexpected situations,
- Able to lift 50 lbs,
- Familiar/comfortable with basic technology and devices, including the iPhone and desktop computer,
- Possess a valid drivers licence,
- Written and verbal command of English.
Omni is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion/creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, sexual orientation or preference, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other legally-protected class or characteristic. Omni considers all qualified applicants including those with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Omni is happy to make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please let our People Ops team know by emailing people [at] beomni.com.