Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
We all own too much stuff. Specifically, we own too much stuff we don’t need to own. If you could just access the items already in your community — whenever you need them — we could all own less, and do more.
We’re building this future. We’ve started with a network of items available for daily, weekly, and monthly access in San Francisco and Portland, and we’ll be launching in (at least) 5 new markets in 2019. Eventually, Omni will exist in every major city in the world. Wherever you are, you’ll be able to open your phone and access items exactly when and where you need them.
Omni is looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to join us on our mission. You’ll be focused on helping Omni create a world-class user-experience that is effortless and delightful for first-time renters, and powerful and efficient for storefront users who rely on us to run their business. You will be the second designer on the team so an ideal candidate will be highly motivated to help shape the design culture and someone who is excited by Omni’s mission. Omni’s unique business model means we often need to design for unique product features with few or no examples to compare to. Hearing that may scare you… but rising to the challenge is what you do best.
- Design solutions that solve the problems our customers are facing today and lead to long-term business opportunities in the future. In order to succeed here you will need to employ design-thinking with the full context of our business goals and customer needs.
- Design simple, easy-to-use experiences that elicit delight from our customers, renters and storefront owners.
- Develop deep empathy for our customers through user research, interviews, and usability studies.
- Partner closely with your Product and Engineering teammates to help them understand the problem, visually articulate early approaches, and validate design decisions with customers along the way to a polished final design.
- Over-communicate your approach and consistently solicit feedback from your design peers, internal stakeholders, and leadership to ensure alignment throughout the company.
- 5+ years experience in product design, designing and shipping high quality customer-facing products.
- Demonstrated experience with the full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Comfortable contributing ideas in all mediums from low-fi whiteboard sketches to functional prototypes to highly polished mockups.
- Experience participating on user research sessions. We are a customer-centric company, so we believe in customer validation early and often.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong collaborator -- to be successful in this role, you’ll need to work effectively across the company and, in particular, be comfortable presenting and soliciting feedback from the executive team.
- Success in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus -- but all candidates will need to be able to move fast and navigate the ambiguity in a fast growing company.
- Ability to code your own prototypes and graphic design skills a big plus.
Please include a link to your portfolio.
Omni is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion/creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, sexual orientation or preference, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence or any other legally-protected class or characteristic. Omni considers all qualified applicants including those with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Omni is happy to make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please let our People Ops team know by emailing people [at] beomni.com.