Software Engineer, Mobile
San Francisco, CA /
Berbix is building identity verification and fraud deterrence as a service. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
This is a question many online platforms need to answer about their users. We help by providing developer friendly SDKs that allows our customers to easily leverage our best-in-class ID verification and proprietary fraud detection services. This enables our customers to determine if users on the other side of the screen are who they say they are.
Office located in the Castro, close to great restaurants, gyms, coffee, and bars (we've temporarily transitioned to distributed work to do our part in protecting the health and safety of our team and our community and are monitoring the situation and will only return to the office when safe to do so). Located near the Castro Muni station and 6 blocks from 16th & Mission BART station. We are a company that values the well-being of our employees and we strive to cultivate a healthy and inclusive work culture. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, including:
- 100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision, 50% company paid premiums for dependents
- Flexible and generous PTO + 13 holidays
- 401 (k) retirement plan + company match, AD&D + life insurance
- Monthly wellness allowance to spend on your mind and body
- Professional Development allowance to learn new, and grow existing skills
- 12 week, 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- Daily in office lunch + healthy office snacks and Ritual Coffee
- Commuter benefits - pre-tax + $50 monthly stipend to use on commuting or parking
- Regular office social activities like Fun Fridays and Monthly Bagel Breakfasts
Berbix is looking for an experienced iOS and Android mobile engineer to own our mobile SDKs. Our Android and iOS SDKs currently process thousands of verifications every day. As the owner of these systems, you will be responsible for investing in and improving our mobile experience, working collaboratively across the organization to understand requirements, building roadmaps and implementing features.
Currently half of our verifications are processed via our mobile SDKs. Furthermore, we expect this to be an increasingly important function at Berbix for the years to come. You would be laying the foundations of the mobile engineering team and codebase.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the implementation and successful launch of iOS and Android SDKs and applications
- Collaborate across the engineering team to ship new features and productsImprove the processes, code quality and robustness of our mobile codebase
- Leverage unique mobile capabilities to enhance our verification processes
- Collaborate with design to create intuitive, seamless user experiences
- Own and evolve the native mobile technology architecture to utilize modern best practices
- Build systems to solicit feedback and improvements from our customers, triage relative importance and implement features and fixes
- Release new versions of our SDK and communicate with customers about new features and fixes
- Launch demo applications that prospective customers could use to try our mobile SDKs
- 5+ years of work experience in software design and development, with 3+ years in mobile application development
- Strong iOS and Android programming skills in the typical languages for those domains
- Deep understanding of the iOS and Android platforms and capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical subjects
- Experience taking features from concept to launch
- Experience leading technical aspects of large projects
- Willingness to work with loosely-defined problem statements and execute autonomously
Nice to have
- Portfolio of released applications on the App Store or Google Play Store or open source SDKs available for review
Berbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aspire to promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all current and future employees.