Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Secret
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Primary Location: Herndon, VA - (Positions also available in WESTMINSTER, CO and TAMPA, FL)
Clearance: Secret Clearance
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Under general direction, design and implement a mixture of real-time embedded and application software for custom sensor and wireless communication systems.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
- Design, develop, test and maintain real-time embedded and application software on custom sensor and wireless communications systems
- Understand customer requirements to deliver needed functionality with high quality and attention to detail
- Optimize software to meet real-time requirements
- Perform unit, subsystem, and regression testing on software/system components
- Support system and field testing as required
- Document design, interfaces, and user interfaces
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined team on existing and new software solutions.
- Travel to other locations or customer sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
- Active Secret Clearance
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Experience with multiple programming methods and languages, including C++, C
- Experience developing in the Linux environment and implementing Linux applications
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing APIs for command and control over unreliable communications links
- Experience with multiple scripting languages, including Perl, Python, BASH
- Familiarity with Object Oriented design, architecture and programming methods
- Familiarity with communication theory, wireless protocols, and control theory
- Familiarity with embedded software that controls hardware (e.g. device drivers, microcontrollers)
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required, including Microsoft SharePoint
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- ...Plus Much More!
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED