Network Engineer (TS Clearance)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Location: Beltsville, MD
Clearance: Top Secret
Berico is hiring a Network Engineer to support The Department of State’s Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program which provides transparent, interconnected systems and security serving the DoS needs to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department.
This program is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering. With minimal supervision, the Network Engineer will provide design, development, deployment, problem identification and remediation support of the Department of State’s Foreign Post enterprise network environment.
- Work as a member of the network operations team
- Responsible for installing, monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to communications networks in a large telecommunications facility environment (includes data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases and transmission media)
- Responsible for performing pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
- Shift work schedule required (6AM - 2PM) Sunday - Thursday
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience; or no degree and 5+ years in the telecommunications environment utilizing data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases, transmission media, and network monitoring
- Must be available to work different shifts including weekends. This may require work after normal business hours to troubleshoot and resolve technical system and production issues. Also, this will require on-call rotational schedules
- Must have experience in a combination of the following systems, software and communications concepts: Windows, Cisco Systems, Networking: Switches, Routers, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, VoIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, PPP, MPLS, and multicast
- Experience troubleshooting digital VOIP and analog telephone circuits
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to support a customer facing environment
- Ability to interface with customers, peers, and management personnel in a professional, courteous and polite manner on a consistent basis
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute towards organizational and program goals
- Demonstrate willingness to exercise initiative with focus on enhancing the team effort
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing on a consistent basis
Other Desired Skills/Background
- Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be considered as a significant plus.
- Routers - CISCO and Juniper Switches
- PBX, CISCO, Juniper
- Crypto: Taclane, Fast Lane, KG-194, KG-235, KG-94C
Compensation & Benefits
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED