Data Scientist - TS/SCI
Consulting: Analytics & Operations
Data Scientist – Senior Position
Estimated Start Date: 1 Feb 2019
The Analysis Directorate serves the information needs of the intelligence, defense, and foreign policy communities through the delivery of timely, relevant, and accurate Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) in support of national security objectives.
Office at NGA:
The Office of the Middle East and Southwest Asia (AOS) and CENTCOM NST (AOB) provides the policy, military and intelligence communities' contextual geospatial intelligence on the region, as well as traditional and innovative cartographic products in support of the development and execution of US foreign policy, including military, political, diplomatic, and humanitarian issues.
St. Louis, MO
Develop methods for querying, visualizing, aggregating, and correlating big data across intelligence disciplines
• Optimize existing databases to speed up the query, input, export, and visualization of data.
• Work with AOS and AOB team to develop strategies for exposing new datasets and create migration plans for legacy datasets.
• Build custom solutions (tools, processes, etc.) to automate or assist analytic endeavors as submitted by AOS and AOB leadership and analytic units.
• Write scripts in Visual Basic, R, Python or other software for statistical models using large datasets to extract patterns, relationships, and anticipatory behaviors that are repeatable, efficient, hypothesis testing, and knowledge capture.
• Use mathematical concepts and techniques to solve complex GEOINT analysis problem sets; understand concepts associated with structured data and relational databases
• Use tools, such as Arc GIS, Excel, SPSS, SAS, MatLab, R, or other statistical packages, to analyze and visualize operational data; visualize data both temporally and spatially to assist in data integrity checks, prepare for follow-on analysis, ask the next question, and display analytical assessments
• Maintain, move and manipulate data between applications, using appropriate software; SQL databases, ArcServer, table data, relational/NoSQL DBMS, Microsoft EXCEL spreadsheets, ACCESS database management system, Tableau, Insights, ORACLE, and analyst provided data for ingest and cleaning.
• Be available for troubleshooting access and performance issues.
• Develop tradecraft techniques and training solutions for discovery, preparation, manipulation and normalization of big data so that methods are repeatable and can be explained to users.
• Experience applying multidisciplinary mathematical and statistical models via programming language to large datasets to extract patterns, relationships and anticipatory behavioral likelihoods that may not be apparent using traditional single discipline means
• Experience in developing tradecraft techniques and training solutions for discovery, preparation, manipulation and normalization of big data so that methods are repeatable and can be explained to analysts
• Experience using mathematical concepts and techniques to solve complex GEO INT analysis problem sets; understand concepts associated with structured data and relational databases
• Experience understanding and explaining the relationship between the data collected for a realworld problem and the required structure of a relational database to help solve that problem
• Experience conceptualizing the relationship between a database structure and the requirements for analyzing and visualizing those data both temporally and spatially
• Experience using tools, such as ArcGIS, Excel, Python, SPSS, R, or other statistical packages, to analyze and visualize data; visualize data both temporally and spatially to assist in data integrity checks, ask the next question, and display analytical assessments
• Experience maintaining, moving and manipulating data between applications, using appropriate software and/or Extract-Transform-Load (ELT) procedures: Microsoft EXCEL spreadsheets, ACCESS database management system and/or ORACLE, Postgresql, or SQL Server and importing and cleaning analyst-provided datasets (Excel, geospatial data, etc.)
• Experience using statistical software (SPSS, SAS, MatLab etc.), desktop software (MS Office and Access), and the Windows operating environment. Of particular importance is software packages used for advanced statistical analysis of operational data
• Bachelors or graduate level degree in Data Science or a related field.
Compensation & Benefits:
· Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
· Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
· 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
· 20 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
· Individually focused training paths
· Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
· Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Many company happy hours and parties
· Company Sponsored Conferences
· Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
· Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED