Cloud Technical Project Manager
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Are you a talented Project Manager with strong Cloud experience? Do you enjoy working with customers and peers to solve hard challenges, streamline processes, and deliver new capabilities? Are you looking for a highly visible role with senior decision makers, where you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact as the lead of a high performing team? If so, we would like to speak with you!
We are leading an interdisciplinary team of 50+ highly qualified individuals to drive cloud development and adoption for critical mission applications across the Intel Community. We assess and prioritize application migration, modernization, standardization, and retirement; drive changes and improvements in platform and mission and business applications to support global missions across a wide range of domains.The Cloud Program Manager will work with the Federal Government to assist them in their migration of legacy systems to the AWS C2S Cloud. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a fast paced team of world-class engineers to modernize our customer’s global network, infrastructure and services, ultimately helping to shape cloud governance standards, best practices and security.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an AWS Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out
- Lead the planning and implementation of cloud migration for customers, multiple project teams, and internal teams.
- Work with stakeholders to gather and manage the business requirements and application migrations from on premise data centers to cloud environments.
- Manage and communicate detailed project plans, manage communication cadency and drive the team to meet tight deadlines.
- Analyze issues and develop viable solutions; and direct the work of internal and external resources as well as with our customers.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget as well as keep track of costs for each project.
- Build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Determine and coordinate the sharing of resources among various projects to the overall benefit of the company.
- Implement processes consistent with Project Management Professional (PMP) and AGILE best practices.
- Facilitate the definition of program scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Capture overall program resource requirements and manage resource allocation.
- Develop, manage, and track budgets of customer facing projects.
- Oversee the tracking and execution of program deliverables using MS Project and AGILE software tools
- Constantly monitor, track, and report on progress of the project and report the status on regular cadence (twice a week/ once a week).
- Present project progress, issues and mitigation to all stakeholders and lead complex technical discussions.
- Proactively identify potential issues and propose mitigation plans or alternative solutions.
- Identify key performance indicators, implement meaningful metrics, and measure project performance.
- Prepare presentations for management and customers to articulate program status, key risks, and mitigations, and technical milestones.
- PMP or comparable certification demonstrating knowledge of Program Management disciplines in and Agile or Federal environment.
- 6+ years of experience managing Cloud projects or production operations as a technical lead, project manager or technical manager.
- Demonstrated leadership that can drive process and technology to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience with AWS environments.
- Familiarity with Federal Government IT processes, regulations, and current IT cloud initiatives.
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to work with demanding customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently over the phone, face to face meetings and written communications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience working with proposal teams, proposal writing, and business development efforts to grow projects organically.
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and frequently requires collaboration across multiple technical teams.
- One or more AWS Certifications.
- Experience with Agile Software Development and DevOps
- Experience with Automation, using one or more prominent automation frameworks such as Ansible, Chef, and CloudFormation.
#WeWantYou - Please do not assume you are unqualified. We want you to apply if you:
- Meet the minimum requirements and have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Are team-oriented, and passionate about delivering great cloud-based solutions
- Are confident and willing to tactfully and respectfully argue for your beliefs
- Are willing to gain a solid understanding of the government, consumer, and commercial, and market trends and requirements
- Work well in an Agile SCRUM and DevOps environment
- Can work well with software developers and a plethora of different personality types
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.