DevOps / Systems Engineer ( TS/SCI CI Poly)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Clearance: TS/SCI CI Poly
Description: Berico Technologies is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer that specializes in DevOps. Berico believes strongly in DevOps, which to us means breaking down traditional silos to share essential knowledge across the team, emphasizing automation via configuration, and cross-training software development and systems engineering skills.
The successful candidate will provide support to systems and development activities (Sys/DevOps) related to our infrastructure, our open source/commercial software product(s), and through direct services engagements with clients.
In this role, you will use the latest open source tools and applications in physical, virtual and container-based environments on AWS or in client datacenters. Currently, we use JIRA, Jenkins, Docker/Swarm, Slack, AWS, Github, Maven, Webpack, Ansible, Python, and Groovy … just to name a few, but we welcome your ideas on new techniques and technologies. Excellent communication and team skills are required, as well as the ability to multitask, document your work and learn new tools, utilities and products.
Berico is not your ordinary Washington DC firm. We are an innovator in both the Defense and Commercial markets. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, where we currently perform much of our work. In addition, we are also a Cloudera Silver Partner, and we were Cloudera’s first Authorized Service Provider in the Defense community! We were working with Big Data before it had a name. And perhaps most importantly, we are in the process of launching our first commercial product, called RIVIUM.
We want you to apply if you meet several of the following criteria...
- Are team-oriented, and are passionate about delivery.
- Work well in agile environments and have familiarity with the associated tools, such as JIRA, Maven, Jenkins, source management, etc.
- Have familiarity with Amazon Web Services. We will provide training/certification to help you get up to speed.
- Possess deep Linux experience, with major experience and knowledge in RedHat based distros.
- Have familiarity with a multitude of OSS tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks.
- Have experience with deployment to client environments.
- Recommend and execute Linux server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning
- Support daily operations on Linux servers such as capacity management, performance monitoring, provisioning, and network systems connectivity
- Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures
- Have experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
- Possess strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, particularly with networking and the TCP/IP stack
- Have some network security experience, including routing and switching, packet sniffing, managing SSL certificates, configuring firewalls/NACLs etc.
If you love to automate build/deployments, are excited by IaaS, and tend to spike prototypes in your spare time, then PLEASE APPLY (and don’t assume you’re unqualified ).
- Ability to configure and deploy physical/virtual server builds.
- Breath Linux shell scripting, and have strong experience with Linux (Redhat mainly) administration.
- Ability to configure and deploy Jenkins, use webhooks, and write build pipelines in Groovy.
- Are familiar with Docker containerization.
- Are familiar with automation tools like Ansible Puppet, Salt, and/or Chef
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
- Experience working in an engineering or scientific environment.
Major Bonuses, but not required
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python
- Experience with developer tools: Jira, git, maven, etc.
- Experience deploying mission critical systems, internal or on customer site.
- Experience optimizing environments for high performance
- Experience with planning for SLA-quality support.
Compensation & Benefits!
- Base Salary plus performance based Annual Bonus (8-20%) and Quarterly Bonuses
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED