Cloud Solution Architect (Azure)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Are you a talented, professional, and creative Cloud Engineer / Architect? Are you interested in helping customers and application owners migrate their legacy applications to the cloud? Do you enjoy writing scripts to automate common tasks? Do you want to work as part of an agile team that’s migrating an entire Government Agency over to Microsoft Azure? If so, we want to talk with you.
We are the prime contractor on a 5-year program, leading an interdisciplinary project team of 50+ highly qualified individuals. We are responsible to assess and prioritize application migration, modernization, standardization, and retirement; drive changes and improvements in platform and mission and business applications. We create and leverage IC ITE services for increased cloud migration and adoption for applications and support applications in migration to and adoption of IC ITE for global software and platform capabilities of varying size and complexity across multiple classification domains, datacenters, and infrastructure platforms.
The Cloud Migration Engineer will work for a large Federal Government Agency to assist them in their migration of legacy systems to Microsoft Azure. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a fast-paced team of world-class engineers to modernize our customer’s global network, infrastructure and services by applying your development and scripting skills. You will update and extend our existing cloud broker/service with new service offerings using engineering processes, to include design, implementation, documentation, and transition to operations. And you will have the opportunity to shape, influence and enable Cloud Migration Governance standards, best practices, and security compliance building reference architectures and writing scripts for smoother cloud transitions, and lower sustainment costs.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
Clearance: No clearance required (but must be willing to obtain TS/SCI CI Poly)
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
· Experience building cloud architecture within Azure, using Azure Resource Manager, Azure IaaS and PaaS offerings and services in Azure Commercial and/or Azure Government
· Experience with Azure Resource Templates
· Understanding of Azure networking: VPN, ExpressRoute, vNet peering, Firewall, NSG, etc
· Hands-on experience migrating customers to Azure and designing DevSecOps operational processes, deployment checklists, etc
· Working knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, and load balancing
· Knowledge of PowerShell and Bash, and working knowledge of Python
· Experience in working through an ATO process
· MCSE in Azure, or another Azure certification such as Microsoft 70-533 - Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Microsoft 70-532 - Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification
· General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes
· Use of Terraform to deploy on Azure
Compensation & Benefits
· Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
· Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
· 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
· 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
· Individually focused training paths
· Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
· Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Many company happy hours and parties
· Company Sponsored Conferences
· Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
· Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.