Automation Test Engineer
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Location: Herndon, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred)
The goal of this program is to provide a cloud-based solution that works within DI2E standardized frameworks and architecture to provide visualization across the enterprise, integrating data through a service layer, and enhancing current functionality. This work will allow for end-to-end trace-ability and management of Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIRs) among others, as well as workflow tracking and monitoring using a modular, open architecture construct with data and application layers, and scale existing systems for enterprise use.
- Analyzes system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results
- Supports the development of Government test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test & Evaluation (T&E) Strategy, Test & Evaluation Master Plan, Event Test Plans, Test Readiness Assessments, and T&E Reports. Works with other test organizations to support T&E program integration
- Provides specialized T&E capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas
- Apply Standard Characteristics of Labor Category Capability Levels. In addition, provide overall leadership of the T&E tasks and serve as primary liaison to the government for supporting contract coordination and task execution.
- Manage T&E resources and tasks; ensure quality assurance of test processes and products.
- Coordinate and integrate T&E tasks and products.
- Participate in T&E Integrated Test Teams as needed to ensure proper coordination of T&E activities.
- Communicate issues and solutions to the broader government and contract management structure as requested by Leadership.
- Drive innovation and responsiveness to program changes and evolving T&E status to help manage program risk: develop alternative courses of action, work-arounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones.
- Ensure the appropriate level of independence of the team from the solution provider to support government management of objectivity risk.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects, or teams
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly preferred
- HS and 10+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 8+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 6+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 4+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD and 2+ yrs of relevant exp
- Hands on experience with test case development, prioritization, and organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of test automation processes and methodologies, test-driven development, continuous integration, defect tracking, performance reporting, change control processes, quality assurance audits, policies, procedures, standards, and industry publications related to quality assurance management
- Demonstrated ability to implement test automation frameworks and test suites
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming using .NET (SQL Server) and/or Java (Oracle)
- Experience with testing tools -e.g. Selenium/WebDriver, Cucumber, REST-assured, SoapUI
- Knowledge and use of open source tools
- Experience leading coordination of QA issues with developers and other entities
- Experience performing periodic process audits of specific processes, and performing functional, Physical, and Delivery QA Audits
- Experience with task estimation
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Projects a professional image and strong business acumen during customer interactions
- Possesses a sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and manage multiple build configurations
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff and customers to solve complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal skills with coupled with strong listening skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and documentation skills
- A proven problem solver within a teamwork environment
- Detail oriented self-starter able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development
Other Bonus skills/experience:
- Experience in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- Performance monitoring and metrics development and reporting
- Experience with software build management -e.g. Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Git/Github
- Experience with Shell scripting/programming -e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools -e.g. Puppet, Salt, and/or Chef
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED