Cloud Engineer (TS/SCI with CI Poly)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Primary Location:Reston, VA
Clearance:Top Secret/SCI (CI Poly preferred)
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Education/Experience: BSEE, Computer Science or equivalent. Three or more years of cloud experience.
Are you a talented, professional, and creative Cloud Engineer? Do you enjoy scripting in Bash and Python to automate common tasks and using DevOps tools for cloud automation? Do you enjoy working with customers and peers to solve hard challenges, streamline processes, and deliver new capabilities? Do you currently use or want to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to create highly scalable and highly available cloud services? If so, we want to speak with you.
We are the prime contractor on a 5-year program, leading an interdisciplinary project team of 50+ highly qualified individuals. We are responsible to assess and prioritize application migration, modernization, standardization, and retirement; drive changes and improvements in platform and mission and business applications. We create and leverage IC ITE services for increased cloud migration and adoption for applications and support applications in migration to and adoption of IC ITE for global software and platform capabilities of varying size and complexity across multiple classification domains, datacenters, and infrastructure platforms.
The Cloud Engineer will work for a large Federal Government Agency to assist them in their migration of legacy systems to the AWS C2S Cloud. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a fast paced team of world-class engineers to modernize our customer’s global network, infrastructure and services by applying your development and scripting skills. You will update and extend our existing cloud broker/service with new service offerings using engineering processes, to include design, implementation, documentation, and transition to operations. And you will have the opportunity to shape, influence and enable Cloud Migration Governance standards, best practices, and security compliance building reference architectures and writing scripts for smoother cloud transitions, and lower sustainment costs.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out
- B.S. and five years professional IT experience OR nine years professional IT experience without a relevant degree
- Three years of experience using Cloud Infrastructure, preferably AWS Managed Services like EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, and KMS
- Demonstrable experience with Scripting, using two or more prominent scripting languages such as Bash, Python and Perl
- Demonstrable experience with Automation, using one or more prominent automation frameworks such as Ansible, Chef, and CloudFormation
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience, including both verbal and written communications
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and frequently requires collaboration across multiple technical teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization internally and with partners externally
- One or more AWS Certifications
- Experience with Agile Software Development using an object oriented language
#WeWantYou - Please do not assume you are unqualified. We want you to apply if you:
- Meet the minimum requirements and have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Are team-oriented, and passionate about delivering great cloud-based solutions
- Are confident and willing to tactfully and respectfully argue for your beliefs
- Are willing to gain a solid understanding of the government, consumer, and commercial, and market trends and requirements
- Work well in an Agile SCRUM and DevOps environment
- Can work well with software developers and a plethora of different personality types
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.