Consulting - Technical Solutions
Professional Exp: >3 years
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Clearance: US Citizen, no clearance required, but must be willing to get a Top Secret clearance.
Education/Experience: Computer Science, Boot Camp, or equivalent experience
Primary Location: Reston, VA
Are you a talented and creative DevOps Engineer who loves to automate solutions using bash, groovy, and python with automation frameworks like ansible, saltstack, cloudformation, or chef? Do you have experience supporting development teams that build solutions on AWS or Azure? Or are you looking to break free from that on-prem server environment you’ve been supporting? Do you want to help build solutions that are used by real people that solve real-world problems? Are you a CI/CD evangelist looking to enable dev teams with build/test pipelines using the latest DevSecOps automated tooling? If so, we want to speak with you!
Berico Technologies is working with the Department of Commerce to better commercialize intellectual property (inventions) that are developed and owned by the Federal Government. These inventions are developed by National Laboratories, University partnerships and other research/development programs, making the Federal Government one of the largest creators of intellectual property in the world. Well known US Companies license these inventions to bring new technologies to market in the form of new consumer products. Commercializing this intellectual property is also good for the economy because it maximizes the return on investments made by US Taxpayers.
Berico is building a modern web/mobile enabled, publicly accessible expanded commercial marketplace that will make it easier for companies to search and discover intellectual property from the Federal Government, and direct from Universities and US Business. We seek an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer to help us achieve this vision using modern development techniques and frameworks to create the best user experience possible. As an DevOps Engineer, you will work with a team using technologies like: Git/Github, Sonarqube, Jenkins, Groovy, CloudFormation using bash, python and other automation tooling. You will work with a talented team comprised of a scrummaster, product owner, web/server developers, a UI/UX designer, a QA test engineer and the Chief Technology Officer to build, test and release the marketplace using an AWS Serverless Architecture. If you want to get your hands dirty with cloud devops, we would like to hear from you.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a modern industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
- B.S. in Computer Science, related field OR Specialized Boot Camp
- Three or more years professional devops build/test automation experience using tools like git, jenkins, groovy, bash, python and an automation framework like ansible, chef, puppet, cloudformation, or saltstack
- Familiarity with jenkins plugins, dependency management frameworks like maven, webpack, gradle and/or distutils/setuptools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Comfortable with the command line
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Serverless Architectures like API Gateway, Lambda
- Have a keen eye for ways to improve/streamline software builds
- Have a desire to join in spirited discussions about software and automation
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.