Network System Engineer/DODIN Operations Planner
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Consulting: Analytics & Operations
Job Title: Network System Engineer/DODIN Operations PlannerLocation of
Work: Fort Belvoir, VA and vicinity
Start Date: ASAP
Job Description:Provide expert Network System Engineer/DODIN Operations planning support Army Cyber Command G35 DODIN with the goal of helping ARCYBER and the entire Army plan, build, sustain, modernize, and optimize the Army’s portion of the DODIN (DOD Information Network).
More specifically, responsible for:
(1) Planning and/or implementing network modernization and optimization of Army networks and network architectures;
(2) Participating in the planning of future cyberspace infrastructure projects to improve the defensibility of Army networks;
(3) Integrating cybersecurity considerations into network design, build, and configuration;
(4) Overseeing network engineering efforts being planned and executed by the Army’s Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM);
(5) Developing Army plans and orders (e.g. OPLANs, OPORDs, TASKORDs, etc.) implementing Army cyberspace infrastructure projects and supporting the documentation of Army cyberspace-based networks, devices, and systems;
(6) Supporting the identification and defense of the Army’s ‘cyber key terrain’;
(7) synchronizing and integrating enterprise network projects across the Army’s portion of the DODIN and other portions as specified;
(8) Supporting the implementation of network security to tactical edge;
(9) Evaluating select ICS/SCADA systems for vulnerabilities and recommending remediation and/or mitigation actions;
(10) Providing technical expertise on the evolving “internet of things.”;
(11) Coordinating with USCC, NSA, and the COMSEC Security Logistics Agency (CSLA) on the impacts of current and planned cryptography, including hardware, software, and cryptographic keys.
In support of all aforementioned areas of responsibility:
(1) Assists in the analysis, development, and drafting of military decision making process inputs and outputs;
(2) Plans, participates in or leads formal and informal meetings, planning teams, working groups, etc.;
(3) Briefs and advises senior military and civilian clients (up to 3-star General Officers or SESs);
(4) Works in a dynamic, team-oriented, high OPTEMPO environment and applies excellent analytical, oral communication, and presentation skills.
Basic Qualifications (Must Have):
Bachelor’s Degree (IT, CS, or similar preferred)
5+ years direct experience with cyberspace/information technology system/network planning, engineering, implementation, and management
Familiarity with the military decision making process (MDMP) and/or Joint Operations Planning Process (JOPP) and their respective products, inputs, and outputs to include military plans and orders (Army experience preferred)
Familiarity with current DoD (e.g. Service, Joint) cyberspace system and network concepts and constructs (Army experience preferred)
Additional Qualifications (Nice to Have):
Master’s Degree (IT, CS, or similar preferred
)DoD 8570 Certification (Level II or Level III)
Direct knowledge and experience of the military decision making process (MDMP) and/or Joint Operations Planning Process (JOPP) and their respective products, inputs, and outputs to include military plans and orders (Army experience preferred)
Knowledge of USSTRATCOM, USCYBERCOM, HQDA and Joint Staff (JS) staff processes and procedures.
Knowledge of cyberspace and intelligence operations-related governing US Code such as Title 6, Title 10, Title 18, Title 32, Title 40, Title 44, and Title 50
Completion of the Army or Joint Cyber Operations Planning courses such as ACOPC or BCNOPC
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED