Senior Software Engineer (.NET) - (TS/SCI with CI Poly)
Multiple (Reston, VA & Bethesda, MD)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
Location: Reston,VA OR Bethesda, MD (Depending on candidate needs)
Clearance: TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
Berico is the prime contractor on a 5-year program, leading an interdisciplinary project team of roughly 30+ highly qualified individuals that is comprised of client/server/database/systems developers and engineers, testers, UI/UX designers, and requirements managers. We are responsible for building next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- May serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
- HS and 12+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 10+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 8+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 6+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD and 4+ yrs of relevant exp
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming with C#.NET, ASP.NET
- Familiarity with Data Interchange Formats -e.g. JSON, XML
- Experience with Software Project Estimation
- Experience with Module Decomposition
- Experience with Database Programming with SQL, T-SQL
- Experience building REST/SOAP services
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Requirements Analysis/Validation -e.g. Writing Unit Tests, User Interface Tests, etc
- Experience with UML Diagramming -e.g. Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams
- Experience debugging applications using logging, VM monitoring, etc
- Experience with Git/Github source control
Other Bonus skills/experience:
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Experience with DoDAF -e.g. Operational Views, System Views, etc
- Familiarity with Jenkins/Hudson Build Management
- Familiarity with Testing Frameworks -e.g. Mockito
- Familiarity with Model View Controller (MVC), Single Page web Applications (SPA) -e.g. Angular, EmberJS, Backbone, React, etc
Compensation & Benefits:
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED