Consulting - Technical Solutions
Primary Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: None required but must be willing to obtain a clearance
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Education/Experience: BS, Computer Science or equivalent. Five or more years specializing in software development, systems architecture, security or systems administration.
Are you a talented Technical Trainer with instructional design or technical documentation experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to design, develop, and deliver training tools? Do you have what it takes to train clients and employees in the latest and cutting-edge technologies? If so, we would like to speak with you! The qualified Technical Trainer must have experience designing and conducting training with learning resources for the newest technologies like AWS platform, React.js, and pivotal spring boot. The candidate must also have excellent writing skills, a deep technical knowledge of IT domains and the ability to provide analysis of learning materials from a technical perspective. We are looking for a bright Information Technology Trainer to join our team!
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
- Extensive knowledge in AWS technologies, such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop/conduct effective training and educational programs for our customers.
- Extensive knowledge in React.js and pivotal spring boot technologies.
- Ability to design and develop a cohesive set of real-world, scenario-based environments to reinforce the learning objectives for AWS, React.js, and pivotal spring boot technologies by offering hands-on learning for the customers and new hires.
- Ability to embrace information technology concepts and design/deliver training resources.
- Determine services and features to be included in each course based on intended audience profile, learning objectives, best practices and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate the training needs of the employees and our customers through surveys and interviews with employees and subcontractors to determine required training solutions.
- Construct organizational career development plans and career development road maps.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, systems architecture, security or systems administration.
- 1-5 years prior experience designing, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications. Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required.
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED